Licensing dyn-web Code
Several of dyn-web's code listings require purchase of a license for all but personal use. The License Price List and Order Form lists which code requires a license for use. Code not included in this list is provided free of charge.
Benefits of Purchasing a License
Purchase of a license to use specific code includes the following benefits:
- You are entitled to use that code in accordance with the terms of that license (see Types of Licenses below) for as long as you like, in perpetuity.
- The license includes email support for that code within 90 days of purchase. (See Support Policy)
- You are entitled to any updates, revisions and new versions of that code for one year from date of purchase.
Types of Licenses
License fees vary with the code and scope of the license. The types of licenses are described below. The License Price List and Order Form lists the cost for code and license type.
- Single-domain license: Good for use on one web site or intranet. This license allows you to use the specified code throughout your site or intranet, on as many pages, sub-domains and sub-directories as you like.
- Multi-domain license: Allows use on up to four domains. This license is the equivalent of four single-domain licenses.
- Unlimited license: Allows the purchaser to include the code in an unlimited number of sites and intranets, as well as in distributed applications. This license is required if you plan to incorporate the specified code in your software products.
You may upgrade to a multi-domain or unlimited license at any time within one year of date of purchase of the original license. Payments made for a lesser license can be applied toward the price of a more comprehensive license.
Just let us know any time you would like to upgrade.
During the licensing process you will be asked to verify that you have read, understand and agree to our policies and terms.
- The purchase of a single-domain license allows the use of the code on one domain and one test server. However, if variations of the domain name clearly indicate that the content would be identical, we will consider including those under a single-domain license. (Some acceptable examples: yourdomain.com, your-domain.com, your-domain.net) ^